I am a self-proclaimed breakfast lover and, therefore, I need to have a good, healthy and nutritious breakfast to start my day off right! Today I am here to share my go-to recipe for pancakes, which is quick, vegan and gluten free!
- 30 gr of gluten-free oat flour (I just make my own by blending rolled oats until they are powdery and finely ground)
- 5-10 gr of vegan protein powder. The one I used is the hazelnut-flavoured brown rice and pea protein from gold nutrition but you are free to use any that you have on hand.
- A splash of unsweetened soya milk (or any other plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. If you have a good nonstick pan that actually is nonstick (it can be quite a challenge to find a good one, trust me), there is no need to coat it with any type of oil.
- Drop the batter from a tablespoon and cook until the top surface bubbles. When it does, just flip it and let the other side cook a little bit more. Two-three minutes in total should be enough.
- Now only you need to do is to serve the pancakes with your favourite toppings! They can be fruits like berries or banana, yoghurt or even your favourite nut butter. I ate the ones you see in the picture with raspberries and coconut yoghurt and they tasted heavenly! Yum yum.
If in the morning you are rushing off in a frenzy and don’t really have the time to make pancakes, you can also make them the night before and leave them in the fridge overnight. All you are required to do when you wake up is to heat them up and they are ready to eat! I have done that various times and they are just as tasty! Enjoy! 🙂
P.S. Please try not to eat all the pancakes while you’re cooking them. BEEN THERE. DONE THAT.