Happy January and Happy 2019! Hope you had a great start to the new year.
Who is (always) in for some yummy raw vegan cheesecake? *hand raised*
I have made this cheesecake recipe both for Christmas and New Years and as it turned out to be a lovely creamy tangy sweet treat, I decided to come here to share it with you.
This is an easy no bake dessert with a date-almonds crust and a lemon-coconut-cashew filling. It is entirely vegan and somewhat allergy-friendly since it contains no gluten or dairy. It is also refined sugar free for those of you who like to go for naturally sweetened desserts. I must say that I do not have the biggest sweet tooth and that is one of the reasons why I love this cheesecake. It has just the perfect balance of sweet sour! Now let’s jump right in! This 11-ingredients no bake cheesecake would make, in my opinion, the perfect sweet treat to have on hand throughout the week for when you crave something sweet or, of course, take along to dinner parties.I personally love how rich, creamy and naturally sweet it tastes. Also, as this recipe does not require an oven, I’d say that it is relatively easy to make as there is not the risk of turning out under- or overcooked!
- 100g fresh pitted dates
- 70g toasted almonds
- 20g shredded coconut
- 200g cashews (soaked in cold water for at least 4 hours)*
- 200g coconut yogurt
- 100g agave syrup (or other natural sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1tsp of melted coconut oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Line the bottom of a round cake pan/baking tray with parchment paper.
- For the crust, blent all three ingredients in a food processor to a sticky paste. Remove and set aside.
Press the crust mixture with your fingers (you may also use the help of a spoon) into the cake pan/baking tray and compress it until you get an even layer.
Refrigerate for at approximately 1 to 2 hours to firm up (and while you prepare the filling).
- Add all the ingredients required for the filling to your (already cleaned) food processor and blend it all until silky and very smooth. If it does not seem like it is together, just add a touch more of lemon juice or even of the coconut yogurt; that should help.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust and freeze it overnight. In case you do not have that long because you are in a rush, freeze it for 3 hours. Enjoy!!
*Remark: For a softer cheesecake, you can store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Alternatively and for a harder cheesecake texture, you can also store it in the freezer up to 1 month.
In my opinion, this 11-ingredients no bake cheesecake would make the perfect sweet treat to have on hand throughout the week for when you crave something sweet or, of course, take along to dinner parties.I personally love how rich, creamy and naturally sweet it tastes. Also, as this recipe does not require an oven, I’d say that it is relatively easy to make as there is not the risk of turning out under- or overcooked!
(I apologies for not having decent pictures of the cheesecake but I guess I was just way too eager to try it ahah)