With a festive season approaching, I though that it was the perfect time for another beauty products review, which I have not done in a while.
I came across with the skincare brand Sukin last year and after some careful research about it, I decided to order myself one of their facial moisturisers and XXX. I have been using them for just over a year and I stand by them for various reasons that I am just about to share with you in this post.
First of all, let me make a brief introduction to the brand for those of you who might not know about it.
Sukin is an Australian brand launched in 2007, whose products are sustainably made, vegan and cruelty free. They do not contain artificial fragrances, petrochemicals or other harmful ingredients. The formulations, consisting only of natural non GMO ingredients, are biodegradable, 100% carbon neutral and greywater safe.This means that when using Sukin’s products, you can rest assured that you are not causing harm to your skin, animals and nature. As they state in their website they are passionate and proud to provide “skincare that doesn’t cost the earth”. ♥
There is a wide selection of skincare products available, ranging from hair to face and body. Their prices are actually very affordable in my opinion, which is just a bonus really. I love everything that this brand stands for and it just ticks all the boxes when it comes to the elements I look for in skincare products. Anyway, let’s jump right into my review of both these products.
This I love about both products:
- They are suitable for all skin types (including sensitive) and have natural and organic formulations free of parabens and sulfates
- They have a very mild scent
- Affordable prices. Both products cost about 9,45€ (125ml)
- Minimal packaging waste. All packaging is BPA free and most full size products are made of PET plastic, which is 100% recyclable
The Pros of the facial moisturizer:
- Non-oily and fast absorbing formula
- It comes with a pump which makes it super easy to apply and a small amount of it goes a long way (I pump it one time and that is enough for my entire face)
- It leaves my skin feeling very soft and moisturized and, surprisingly, not greasy at all
The Con of the facial moisturizer:
- It might not the most ideal moisturizer for summer as it does not contain SPF.
The Pros of the hydrating mist toner:
- It can be used under or over makeup. I love to use it after having removed my makeup and prior going to bed. A frew sqirts of it and my face all nice, fresh and hydrated
- The fact that it does not contain alcohol, together with the combination of rosewater and chamomile extract has a very soothing effect on the skin, especially if tired and/or irritated
- The spray bottle is just super convenient and makes its use very easy
No con. There is nothing about it that I dislike really!
Despite having ordered my produtcs online, I am pretty sure you can easily find them in a store near you as Sukin is a worlwide brand that sells its products basically everywhere. For the Dutchies out there (or other people living in The Netherlands), you can find them at Holland and Barret! 🙂
All in all, I am very pleased with both these products and they are definitely worth a go. It feels great to be able to satisfy the needs of my skin with products that do not leave me with empty pockets and that are harmless to the animals and to our beautiful Planet Earth!
Have you tried these or any other products from Sukin? If so, what are your thoughts? Let me know in the comment section below!