A couple of weekends ago, when the weather was rather gloomy and rainy, I went to a friend’s place to play some board games. As it is already usual to get peckish whilst playing them, I decided to bake some banana coconut muffins to take with me. Since the muffins were gone in no time because people actually seemed to like them, I thought I would share the recipe with you! 🙂
I did not use any oils or sugars in the batter and, believe me, there is really no need to. The muffins turned out naturally sweet and with a perfect consistency.
Ingredients list: (serves about 8/9 muffins)
- 1 small/medium ripe banana
- 20-30 ml of unsweetened soya milk (or any other plant based milk of your choice)
- 1 vegan egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 20 grams of coconut flour
- 35 grams oat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Cinnamon to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spoon batter evenly amongst muffin wrappers, filling each ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes
- Transfer all the muffins to a rack and let them cool slightly before serving
- …and enjoy!
Let me know if you decided to give a try to this recipe. In case you did, I hope you enjoyed the muffins! 🙂